Effective Date: March 01 2018
Last Updated: April 18 2019
If you have concerns or questions about privacy and the use of any personal information you may have entered into our website contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 2 business days.
In the wake of Cambridge analytics scandal there is a lot going on in terms of addressing the privacy needs to website users and Solar Investments Inc is committed to remaining at the forefront of ethical handling of private information. Although our website does not operate in Europe we are moving to meet new European Union standards for handling and use of private data collected on websites.
Collection of Information
Private Information we may have in our possession about you.
In order to provide the functionality to you which is the core purpose of you using this website we may from time to time collect personal information about you.
This information could be:
Personal information that you specifically opt in to enter, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number or other information provided to either write a review on a solar company or product or to request quotes from one or more solar companies:
If you choose to log in using a social media login account, such as your Facebook Login, we could be given access to details of that social media account; and
In order to provide you targeted location services we may use your IP address or details of the device, operating system or mobile network you are using to browse our site; and
Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage, or collect information for analytics. These cookies and tracking pixels may be disabled in your browser. For information on this search “disabling cookies” in your browser help menu.
How we use information:
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. Specifically, we may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and to respond to any requests you may have
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Solar-Estimate.org or solar companies that are listed on our site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent information being entered in our site;
- Personalize services and information on pages of our website to suit your needs and location;
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How we share information:
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who need access to such information to provide services to us on our behalf.
- We may share consumer reviews we receive from you with the companies that are the subject of the review and with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- We may also share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our website, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal process, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Solar-Estimate.org or others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among Solar-Estimate.org and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
Links to other websites
Sharing your personal information with third parties
Your personal information will only be shared with third parties where you have requested us to do this or requested us to provide a service to you that requires us to do so (for example if you request us to collect competing quotes from solar companies your details would be sent to these companies only).
In the event this is done then we will ensure that we have a contractual privacy clause with such third parties ensuring that your data will not be re-used for any other purpose than the specific purpose that we shared the data with the third party and that such third party will delete your personal information and ours or your request.
Advertising tracking pixels and other personal information we receive from third parties.
From time to time we pay advertise the content and tools on Solar-Estimate.org by way of adverts on other websites such as Google Adwords, Google Display and Facebook advertising. These third party advertisers use tracking cookies and pixels and feedback information to us on your interaction with our adds on their platform. Such information does not identify you personally and you can prevent these third party advertising platforms from tracking your nteraction in accordance with the settings and privacy policies of those third party platforms.
At first instance privacy complaints should be directed to email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint you amy refer your unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. SolarReviews is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Solar-Estimate.org has voluntarily chosen to support European Union and Swiss Privacy Rights:
The European Economic Area ("EEA") and Switzerland have laws giving website users certain rights and protections regarding the processing of your personal data.
Solar-Estimate.org has chosen to follow these principles even though we do not operate in Europe because our existing business practice of only using your data for the specific reason that you give it to us means it does not cause a change in our business processes to support these laws.
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. providing the Services you have requested such as asking a solar company to provide you with a solar quote).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data for a specific reason.
We do not on-sell marketing lists or other data containing your personal information to other third parties for any other reasons.
You can request review of your data and removal of your personal information
You can access the personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased at any time and without cost. If you would like to do this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. Also, this site uses Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit www.google.com/settings/ads
Promotional Communications by Email or Text Message
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Solar-Estimate.org or our sister companies by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us. If you opt out of a specific email list, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
To opt out of receiving text messages from Solar-Estimate.org at any time reply to a text from us with the word "STOP". A confirmation message of your opt out will be sent to your mobile number but no additional messages will be sent to you unless you opt in again.
Office: 1625 Broadway, Suite 830, Denver CO, 80202
Phone: (844) 442-5029