Sunrun is one of the largest solar leasing and PPA companies in the US.
On its website it claims to have invented the software as a service model in 2007 and also claims to have installed over 100,000 residential solar systems.
It also claims on its website to be the largest residential solar installer although I would have thought this title would have belonged to SolarCity.
Nonetheless the company has probably done a reasonable job of managing the logistical challenges that comes with growing a home services business at the speed at which the solar industry has grown in the last 5 years
Find out if PPA or cash is best for you!
|States they service||
|Head Office||San Francisco, California, United States|
Generally around the 15-16 cents per kWh for their PPA agreement depending on the state.
Sunrun usually quote just above $4 per watt for cash purchases of their systems because they prefer clients to take the PPA option.
|SolarReviews reviews||3.67 based on 9 reviews|
|Yelp reviews||153 reviews|
Request quotes to compare the best zero down solar deals offered in your city
Advantages of Sunrun
- No out of pocket cost
- Maintenance done by Sunrun if needed (should be very little maintenance of solar panels)
- Of the big mega solar PPA companies probably the best customer service
Disadvantages of Solar City
- Poor customer satisfaction ratings compared to smaller local installers
- Most of the savings offered by the solar tax credit and the net metering legislation go to the solar company not the consumer
- The rate of PPA price escalation is a concern and means if utility prices grow at less than the escalation percentage the savings could get less over time